Wednesday, July 9, 2008

PIEHL: Smiley Face Update: One mother's story

From Investigative Reporter Kristi Piehl www.kstp.com

Chris Jenkins. Matt Kruziki. Patrick McNeal. Those names and faces have become attached to the Smiley Face story. I've received dozens of emails from parents who say their children could be part of the list, but their loved ones died long before anyone suspected the drownings were connected.



One mother, who I've been emailing, is allowing me to share the first email she sent me and photos she's sent me since. She is now trying to get investigators to take another look at her son's case and is talking with another mother who's son drowned earlier this year.

While the FBI and many local law enforcement agencies are discounting the Smiley Face Killer possibility, the parents of the men who have drowned should not be discounted. They are passionate, diligent and will do almost anything to find the truth.

"Hi,

I have been living in pure hell for over 10 years, since my son disappeared from a bar in PA, and his body was found 2 days later in the water. I just found out about these young men yesterday, and about the men investigating the possible links. Is there any way you can put me in touch with these men. I don't know the time frame they have on the young men found, but my son went missing on April 4, 1998, and was found on April 6, 1998.

Please I beg of you help me find out more information on this investigation. I am living a nightmare!

Thank you,

Danny's Mom"

Sadly, I have an entire folder of emails much like this one.


No comments: